weblogUpdates.ping Motor Scooters | Gas Scooters http://MotorScooters-GasScooters.blogspot.com/ Motor Scooters | Gas Scooters: Buy Scooter Motor Scooters | Gas Scooters

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Buy Scooter

So You Want to Buy a Scooter?
Executive Summary about Buy Scooter by Scott Vawser

Buy Scooter. For some years now, I have been looking intobuy scooters buying a motor scooter or motor bike of some sort. Which scooter is the one that will suit my various needs and desires? There are so many scooter makers to choose from and once you “meet your maker”, then you have a great big job on your hands in choosing your model.

Aprilia - 6 models; Benelli - 7; Bowell Scoota - 14; Bug - 6; Bug-Kymco - 2; Derbi - 1; Giamoto - 1; Gilera - 2; Honda - 4; Hyosung - 6; Italjet - 3; Motobella - 1; Peugeot - 11; Piaggio - 2; SCP - 4; Suzuki - 2; TGB - 5; Vespa - 7; V-Moto - 3; Yamaha - 6.

Why not a small car? There are some great small cars that are very fuel efficient, even a hybrid car that is good for the environment too! For me the choose of a scooter is not instead of a car. Global demand for fossil fuels is outstripping supply. Sure scooters use fuel too, this one day may be an issue as well, but much work is going into experimenting with various fuel alternatives.

buy a scooterA 50cc scooter, even a top quality one will not suit your purposes if you are desiring long trips on a regular basis, (my opinion only). If you are planning on some long rides or at least some short but fast rides, get looking at a 125cc and over scooter. There are other factors to the ride than the engine size; such as tyre size, seat hight and so on. My advice, ask for a test drive. Obviously you need a bike licence in many places if you are riding a bike over 50cc, so make sure you check all that out.

Some of you are simple people, you just want a scooter. Go to the local scooter dealer and ask the man to show you one. You might be like me and love the old style classic, retro feel to a scooter and love looking at old restorations of classic Lambrettas and 1960 Vespas…hmmmm. The new bikes come with matching top boxes, side bars and gear racks - the works, ready for you to buy up and put on board.

Want a scooter? Happy shopping !

3 comments:

  1. I got hooked on scooters as a kid whem my uncle took me for a ride on one. I don't remember what kind it was but I new it was cheep and fun.
    I have owned a few now and am currently trying a Chinese masde scooter. I have had to order a few parts for the one I have now but have had nothing serious with the engine or drive train. I had heard that it would be difficult to get parts but I've been able to find most anything online at scooterstock.com Scooter Parts at Scooter Stock. I have had no trouble at all with the engines but have had to replace a few body parts due to my own riding mistakes. I have a 150 but being a big man I would like to try a 250 if they make them. In any case they have been fun and cheep transportation for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! I feel more comfirtable on scooters..I'm planning to buy a scooter.. first one looks more comfirtable...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scooters is very light. I like them during summer escapades.

    ReplyDelete